Insurance Claims Practices. Civil Remedy
Full Text of
A "Yes" vote approves, a "No" vote rejects statutory provisions that:
- limit conditions under which injured party may sue another person's insurer for damages resulting from insurer's unfair claims settlement practices;
- limit emotional distress claims;
- limit property damage claims to those caused by motor vehicle incident;
- exempt professional liability insurers from unfair claims settlement practices suit if professional's consent is required for settlement and professional withholds consent;
- provide that an insurer requesting arbitration is presumed to act in good faith;
- add requirement that state auditor report on effect of Proposition 30, as amended.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's
Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
- If the voters approve Proposition 30, this proposition would slightly reduce the fiscal impact that Proposition 30 would have on state revenues and have an unknown impact on state court costs.
- If the voters disapprove Proposition 30, this measure would have no fiscal impact on state and local governments.
Argument in Favor of Proposition 31
Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 31
Argument Against Proposition 31
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 31
Full Text of Proposition 31