1998 Indian Gaming Compacts.|
Full Text of
- A "Yes" vote approves, a "No" vote rejects a law, previously passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, that would:
- Formally approve 11 tribal-state compacts that were concluded in 1998;
- Provide procedures for approving future compacts;
- Declare the Governor responsible for negotiation of compacts; and authorize Governor to waive state's immunity to suit by tribes.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's
Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
- If Proposition 1A (on this ballot) is approved, Proposition 29 would have no fiscal impact on state and local governments.
- If Proposition 1A is not approved, Proposition 29 would result in unknown, but probably not significant fiscal impacts on state and local governments.
Argument in Favor of Proposition 29
Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 29
Argument Against Proposition 29
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 29
Full Text of Proposition 29